Another research project from my wonderful concierge at the Spa Four Seasons Hong Kong.
Uses of Ginseng
By folk medicine practices, American ginseng and Asian ginseng (P. ginseng) roots are used as an aphrodisiac, stimulant, or for sexual dysfunction in men. It is also known to help with respiratory illnesses, quality of life, and resistance to stress (we all need this!) We can also use the healing properties of ginseng in our cosmetic and skin care products.
It is known to be a secret of delaying aging and sustaining youthfulness and beautiful skin (especially the Korean ginseng) It provides elasticity to the skin by activating cellular function and producing new skin cells. The Spa has ginseng in one of our newer product lines, Ling. They have a Ginseng Mask which is formulated with Aloe Vera to soothe, Collagen to firm and Panax Ginseng to tone.
Benefits: Ginseng tea is considered as one of the most nutritious herbal supplements available in the world. Below are some of the aliments it can help.
- Menstrual Problems: American Ginseng tea is well-known for its cooling effect. It is recommended for young women who suffer from menstrual cramps and distress.
- Low Blood Pressure: This energetic drink keeps you on your toes all day long.
- Brain Food: Ginseng tea acts as a stimulant to the brain cells. It improves the concentration power and thinking capabilities.
- Obesity: This tea is popular as a natural appetite suppressant.
- Sex Problems: Men with erectile dysfunction disorder can consume ginseng tea as it lessens the symptoms of such sex related conditions.