Clary Sage, Salvia sclarea .
Un-officially known as Laughing Gas. At the recent Spa China Summit in Ningbo, a wonderful speaker, from Aromatherapy Associates, spoke about Clary Sage. At this moment these memories started pouring over me which led me to dig deeper into my psyche and remember a time way back on Henry Street, NYC.
I used to have my own neighborhood garden, that I started with the Green Guerrillas, right on Henry Street. When I first developed the garden, I found these seeds, in a packet, name Clary Sage. I decided they would be my center piece for the herb garden. And were they ever. They were slow to grow but the fuzzy leaves were so exceptional. The garden brought people from far and wide. From USA and around the world. I wonder if this simple seed packet had drawn that energy.
That started my long relationship with Clary Sage. Below are some ways to use her! Most importantly Clary Sage can generate a feeling of joy, and pleasure. If you really use the oil in an essential oil burner or combined with other oils like frankincense, you will feel the laughing effect.
For those of us that are about to fast for Yom Kippur. Try burning some Clary Sage. This could create space in your day to feel your atonement but also give thanks for the life that we currently live well!
- Anti Depressant: Clary Sage Oil boosts self-esteem, confidence, and fights depression.
- Anti Spasmodic: Clary Sage oil is found to be useful in treatment of cramps in muscles and respiratory system, stomach-ache, and headaches.
- Anti Bacterial
- Aphrodisiac: Charges the libido and sexual desires. Effective in males and females.
- Carminative: Clary Sage oil, helps to reduce gas in the stomach!
- Deodorant: Non-irritating natural deodorant.
- Nervine: It is calming on the nerves.