A healthy, alkalizing, drink that is lower in calories and fat than regular cow’s milk, and is high in vitamins, such as vitamin E. All those vitamins that are needed to build strong bones and teeth like vitamin D, phosphorus and are found in Almond Milk. It also helps regulate blood pressure! It does not cause problems with hormone levels like soy milk. And! It can be used instead of regular milk in recipes and baking.
How to Make Almond Milk:
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 4 cups water
- dates, or honey
- Soak almonds for at least 12 hours in water. This is an important step.
- Rinse almonds well. Mix almonds with water in blender.
- Blend several minutes until smooth.
- Strain mixture into a large bowl through a cheese cloth.
- Put mixture back into blender with soaked dates, or honey.
- Pour into glass jar or pitcher and store in fridge for up to one week.
Note: Save the pulp of the almonds, put on cookie sheet and dehydrate in oven on lowest heat until completely dry. Run through blender or food processor to make almond flour, which can be used in recipes in place of flour. I found that this on a blog that I could not find again, but tried it and it was amazing!
Used the image from Just Eat Love Blog. She has another recipe that is interesting. Check out her blog!